This article has been compiled by Manav Sadhwani as a recap of the discussions with Dr. Ishita B Sen (Director and Head of the Department of Nuclear Medicine & Molecular Imaging at Fortis Memorial Research Institute (FMRI), Gurgaon.) for patients who visit our centre in India for Lutetium 177 therapy. This is a general protocol and may differ for each patient.
Half the cost of treatment in Thailand & Malaysia and one-third the cost of treatment in Germany
For prostate cancer patients who have become refractory to conventional therapy, the department of Nuclear Medicine & Molecular Imaging at the Fortis Memorial Research Institute (FMRI) in India’s Gurugram is not only one of the World’s most advanced Nuclear Medicine Centre but is also the centre that offers the lowest cost for Lu177 PSMA Therapy.
The cost of treatment at Fortis Memorial Research Institute (FMRI) is half the cost of treatment in Thailand & Malaysia and one-third the cost of treatment in Germany. The Centre is one of the first institutes in India to offer Radioligand Therapy with Lu177 and it boasts of patient outcomes that are at par with the best centres in the world. Every case that comes to the centre is discussed in a multi-disciplinary tumor board that includes an entire team of specialists from different specialities.
Airport Pick-up and Drop: The above cost is inclusive of the following:
- The hospital would arrange for you to be picked up from Indira Gandhi International Airport in New Delhi to either drop you off at the hotel of your choice that you would have booked; or bring you to FMRI, which is located in the centre of Gurugram approximately 20 kms from the airport.
- Meet & Greet Service at the Airport:
For patients and caregivers arriving at the Indira Gandhi International Airport in New Delhi, the hospital would arrange for a person who would not only help in passing immigration and baggage collection, but also escort you to the waiting hospital car outside the airport.
- Room Rent:
The above cost includes the estimated cost of staying for one night at the hospital or staying for some time to recover post the therapy for a same day discharge. Please do check the cost basis your choice of room category.
- PET Scan:
The above cost includes the cost of undergoing a PET scan, if required. The team of doctors would let you know of the requirement.
- DTPA Scan:
The above cost includes the cost of undergoing a DTPA scan, if required. The team of doctors would let you know of the requirement.
- Dosimetry Scan:
Post the therapy, the patient would need to undergo a Dosimetry Scan, the cost of which is included in the above cost.
- Doctors’ Consultation & Visit Charges
- Nursing Charges
- Dosimetry Charges
- Patient Diet Charges
- Attendant Meal Charges (One attendant)
- Quality Control Charges
- Cost of the Nuclear Medicine:
The above cost includes the cost of procuring the Lu177.
- Drugs and Consumables:
The cost includes the cost of all drugs and other consumables that the patient might consume during the therapy.
- Admission & Other Documentation Charges
Further, in terms of exclusions, the above cost does not include the following:
- The patient would need to bear the cost of local travel – from the hotel/ guest house to the hospital and back.
- If the patient or the accompanying caregiver/ attendant orders a special meal, this would be charged as per actuals.
- The above cost does not include the cost of any unrelated procedure or procedures that is not mentioned in the above inclusions.
- Any cross-functional consultations that the patient would require will be charged for separately.
- The cost of any emergency procedure, if required, is not included in the above cost.
- The above cost does not include the cost of any diagnostic tests either discussed earlier or required during the treatment.
- All blood charges will be charged for as per government NACO guidelines.
Please note that the Billing would be based on actual consumption only and any cost that arises from another medical condition and/ or complication during the treatment procedure would be charged for separately.
Also note that the above cost is subject to change without prior notice.
As regards to the mode of payment do note that Fortis Hospitals Ltd. accepts all modes of payment – Demand Drafts, International & Domestic Credit & Debit Cards (MasterCard, Visa & AMEX), Rupay Cards, Online Transfers (bank account details will be provided on request).
For further information and/ or consultation, Visit Nuclear Medicine Therapy, do call or write to us: +91 98111 27080, firstname.lastname@example.org